Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1 month down...

Wow, today marks my first month in Cork! I cannot even believe how fast it has gone by. I feel like every day I am here I find something new, like Monday we went to this new shopping center and I discovered this delightful little pond about 5 minutes behind our apartments that I would have never known existed unless we decided to head off on a new adventure. I also learn knew things everyday such as students get a student price on the bus... I think I might be using that a little more often when getting groceries.

Besides the little things, nothing big and exciting has happened. I am ready to start my travels outside of Cork, because once you have been here a week, you have seen all there is to see. This weekend we are going to see the Rock of Cashel which is this awesome church (pictures to come) and then next weekend we are off to the Cliffs of Moher and will cap the month of October off with Halloween celebrations in Dublin. Fun fact, Halloween originated in Ireland as a holiday to celebrate the end of the summer and harvest as well as ward off some sort of demons, hence the dressing up in costumes! There is suppose to be a big parade and stuff, so again, plenty of more pictures to come for the month of October.

In November I  have trips planned to Munich as well as Paris and potential plans to go to either Barcelona or Milan, but we will see where my finances are by the end of that month! I might also make it to the Giants Causeway which are these awesome rock formations located in northern Ireland...

For those of you who are worried about my studies, do not be. While my roommates were in London this past weekend, I wrote one of my many essays and have intentions of finishing another one this coming weekend. The day trips are fabulous, because it still allows for 2 days of homework!

As of now I am definitely ready for my package from home! The food is nothing to brag about and the speed of life is way too slow for me here and that is saying a lot when I myself am such a nonchalant type of person! Oh man, one final complaint, the inability to pronounce words here is sooo annoying!
For example:
                    We say Ireland........ they say Island
                    We say Resources... they say Rehorses
                    We say Thursday..... they say Tursday

Anywho, I think this is all I have for now, but stay tuned, I am sure there will be more soon, but until then...SlĂ inte! 

No comments:

Post a Comment