Sunday, October 3, 2010

My week of Free!!

First and foremost, we have to start with a side note.... Potatoes come with everything. I don't eat potato wedges with my pizza back home, but I do here. I don't have two options for fries, regular or curly, at McDonald's back home, but I do here. Lastly, I don't go to a street fair and see potatoes available at every stand back home, but I do here!! I just cannot believe how many potatoes they have here and although I LOVE potatoes, I am sick of seeing them everywhere!! Unfortunately I did not get any free potatoes, but they are Ireland!

Anywho... I finally made it to the gym this week, not like i haven't been working out everyday by walking across Ireland, but I figured maybe I should actually do a little more to work off all these damn potatoes I am eating lol! So like I said it has been a week of free and the gym was no exception. It was a free show of short-shorts and man boobs. Now in the states we have short-shorts for women, but no, the men wear the shortest shorts EVER here. There is a problem when the men's shorts are shorter than mine! Also, the Mardyke (the name of the gym) has this lovely women's gym that overlooks the pool, where I got my free view of the biggest man boobs ever. I was like damn, when you have bigger boobs then me, we might have an issue lol!! Finally, they have free lockers which just rocked all my roommates socks right off, so now I can just head to the gym right after class without having to hike home first to drop my stuff off!!

Then Wednesday the cast of the musical FAME came to our campus to promote themselves which was awesome. It was like a free 20 min. show, which I recorded but it wont upload, so you have to check it out on facebook!! We might go see the actual thing down at the cork opera house, but we will see what this coming week brings!!

Friday came around and we head out for a night on the town which ended up costing me a whopping 3 euro!! We went to this pub that seems to be popular with the college kids.. on Thursday nights.... so it was a little older crowd when we went, but it was totally worth it because we got our 3 euro pint of cider and watched a free live concert... It was not too shabby to listen to either! We then left to find this more mainstream music that we kept hearing. It ended up being a disco right above the pub where apparently it is free for UCC students to get in on Friday nights. Once we were inside we found out quickly why it was free, for we were 4 of the 6 people on the dance floor. Thankfully we got a free shot in addition to our free admission and within an hour the place was hoping and we danced the night away!! In addition to free admission and a free shot I got some fantastic free people watching in such as these two crazy Asian girls that were dancing all up on each other, these middle eastern men that thought they could dance, but really couldn't, in addition to the typical skanky girls and desperate men that are at every dance club back in America!!

To top off my week, I finally got my phone! It ended up only being 29 euro and then every time I top up 10 euro or more, I get double that amount, so for 10 euro, I really get 20 euro!! But the best part is that i got a 20 euro top up for FREE, so I don't think that I will need to invest any more than my initial 39 euro!!

Well, that has been my week... I shall be back again soon, but as usual until then... SlĂ inte! 

No comments:

Post a Comment